3v3 and 5v GPIO Output Issue

Playing around with the GPIO today I’ve noticed a few oddities, either the GPIO commands via serial are non-functional or not working as expected, and providing odd functionality.

Scenario Name: Turn off 3v3 voltage via Serial
Flipper Zero Firmware: 0.50.0 0.50.0 (3f164ef3 built on 03-03-2022)
Test Setup: Multi-meter plugged into Pin 11 (GND) and Pin 9 (3v3), Flipper connected via USB-C
Additional Software Used: PuTTY
Repro Steps:

Plug in multi-meter to Pin 11 and Pin 9. Connect Flipper to computer and turn on. Open PuTTY and connect to relevant COM port. Type “power 3v3 1”. Observe voltage on multi-meter as 3.30v, as expected.

Next, type “power 3v3 0”. Observe voltage on multi-meter as 2.81v, not as expected. Expected result was 0.00v reading on multi-meter.

Scenario Name: Turn off 5v voltage via Serial
Flipper Zero Firmware: 0.50.0 0.50.0 (3f164ef3 built on 03-03-2022)
Test Setup: Multi-meter plugged into Pin 11 (GND) and Pin 1 (5v), Flipper connected via USB-C
Additional Software Used: PuTTY
Repro Steps:

Plug in multi-meter to Pin 11 and Pin 1. Connect Flipper to computer and turn on. Open PuTTY and connect to relevant COM port. Type “power 5v 1”. Observe voltage on multi-meter as 4.96v-5.04v, as expected (within variance).

Next, type “power 5v 0”. Observe voltage on multi-meter as 4.96v-5.04v, not as expected. Expected result was 0.00v reading on multi-meter.

In summary, clearly something wrong here. For sanity, I also tested via the “5V on GPIO” functionality under GPIO and again, GPIO voltage was always on, never went to 0.00v as expected. I also noted some variance from the 3v3 pin where voltage reached up to 5.26v briefly, but I’m not sure why that would be or how to recreate.

Based on this commit ( Removed power 3v3 options (#1022) · flipperdevices/flipperzero-firmware@1251c0a · GitHub ) it seems like you and another figured out the reason this happened for the 3v3/pin 9 was because the SD card needed to remain powered on, thus it was expected behavior. Is there something similar for the 5v/pin 1?