Access reader / brute force?

Hello all,

I am testing our security in our local office and was wondering if I could use the flipper zero to brute force this reader.

Any input is appreciated.

Most seem to be 125KHz wiegrand fobs, so it should be pretty ez to clone these badges. Something like ProxBrute should work, i did not try this with FZ yet, but it should not be to hard, just bruteforcing badges sounds like a bad idea overall, most systems should have some sort of tampering protection so you cannot try a million values in a minute, but if you have acces to badges it should not be to hard to see whats on there.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply. What about trying to accessing / activating the reader without a fob?

My original post got held for moderator approval, so I’ll be brief. Yes, it’s possible, but it’s going to take a very long time. There are things you can do to improve your luck, but it appears it’s best I not discuss. In any case, don’t do this without explicit permission. Grab someone in charge and have them watch, so there’s no doubt.

2 Likes

Hi and thank you for replying. I do have the approval of the director of security of the company, the company even bought the device themselves. If possible I would like to connect with you to learn more.

1 Like