Another bricked flipper

Hey guys,
I’ve been fighting with my Flipper Zero trying to get it back up and running. After I unboxed it I left it to charge for a couple hours, and when I came back I saw that it was cycling between “Unhook the USB for power down” and a request for me to plug the USB back in for it to charge. I tried resetting it a few times with the same results.

I figured maybe it was just an issue with the firmware seeing as I couldn’t access any of the screens to continue troubleshooting. I put the Flipper into recovery mode then went ahead and used qFlipper to try and update the firmware, but received an error stating that it couldn’t write and the Flipper powered down.

I’ve since tried the steps linked here:

But my Windows 10 machine won’t recognize that anything’s attached. I saw where someone was able to recognize the device on a Mac when Windows wouldn’t, so I fired up a Linux machine and downloaded qFlipper to the same result.

I can’t verify the Flipper is charging and putting it in recovery mode doesn’t register with anything I plug it into. Do you guys have any advice on the next steps I should take?

qFlipper on Linux requires you to run a setup script for it to work. Did you do it?

Hello,

I apologize for my delayed reply, I’ve had my hands full. I did run the setup script and for all intents and purposes my Flipper zero is just a brick. I can’t verify that it’s charging, it won’t boot to recovery mode, and nothing I connect it to will recognize it. What should my next troubleshooting steps be?

Did you try entering the Hardware DFU mode and repairing from there?

I did, and linked the procedure in my first post.

I had this issue with mine. It’s charging but your charger isn’t seated correctly on the pcb. When you go to plug it in Qflipper won’t recognize it and it won’t let you download anything? Go on discord and talk to skotopes