BackPress command in a Payload for Android

In Android env, I want to go to the previous screen. I tried ESCAPE and BACKSPACE but was not successful.

Other commands such as DOWNARROW and ENTER work correctly.

The screen is in About device (in the Settings) and I want to go one screen back.

A quick Google research shows me, that is a not well documented feature.
I am hoping you have an Android 14 device, there are some extensions. But I canā€™t figure out what is new and what button was available before. See: https://www.androidpolice.com/android-14-physical-keyboard-shortcuts-list/

ā€˜go backā€™ is often referenced as ESC ā€¦ But I know this donā€™t work (at least always). See 45 Android Bluetooth Keyboard Shortcuts (PDF)

My media keyboard uses ā€œBrowserBackā€ as the key but I donā€™t think Flipper can emulate that. The escape key works on my Android devices. Alt plus the left arrow works on Windows but doesnā€™t seem to work in the Android menu for me. Iā€™m not on Android 14 so perhaps so something that works for me might not work for you and vise versa.

I donā€™t know if this could help but ā€œBrowserBackā€ is identified as key ā€œ158ā€ in Linux. 260 and 263 might also work per documentation if we can figure out how to send them.

Itā€™s an Android 9. Iā€™m gonna try GUI + LEFTARROW

will let you know if it worked, thanks!

1 Like