Bluetooth MAC address spoofing

Hey so maybe a dumb question but I own a rubber ducky and a flipper and I was comparing the two in my head and thought about how my rubber ducky can spoof MAC address for a device to make the computer think it was a brand of mouse or keyboard of your choice my question is is there any way to spoof MAC address of a Bluetooth device with the flipper so that lets say my friend connects to his speaker with his phone I ask later hey can I play some music so he disconnects his phone and I connect to the speaker giving me the ability to see the speakers Bluetooth MAC address
Now is there a way we could spoof the MAC address of the speaker so that the flipper to any other device such as our friends phone looks just as the speaker would allowing us to “auto connect” to his phone and then be able to run some of the already enabled Bluetooth bad KB functions on the flipper just a thought and question would love to try it

Yes Flipper can spoof a MAC address.

Faking the MAC address isn’t usually enough to trick a device into automatically connecting. There are some old unpatched devices that can be fooled with the NRF add on module though. You should look up the module. Most current devices set permissions anyway. To the best of my knowledge a device paired as a speaker can’t be a keyboard if it didn’t ask for that permission during the original pairing process. Pretending to be a speaker would usually only give you the ability to use media controls.

1 Like