New user here, i’m trying to install custom firmware bringing me to lab.flipper.net and there is a connect button in the middle and towards the top right of the site. Neither of which appear to connect to the flipper in order to install firmware and plugins, any fix for connecting the device to the web app? Thanks.
Hi! What browser are you using? The lab only works in Chrome, Edge and Opera, as they’re the only browsers to support WebUSB. Other Chromium-based browsers (like Brave) won’t work.
Same here. Chrome. Nothing happen after connect button.
The new chrome browser version 108.0.5359.124 worked straight away after connecting my flipper to the USB. I didn’t need to press any button on my device.
I had Version 108.0.5359.126 (Official Build) (64-bit) there is now a update for Version 109.0.5414.75 (Official Build) (64-bit)
After updating Chrome to that Version 109.0.5414.75 (Official Build) (64-bit)
it allows the lab connect button to work I had the same issue last night that a few others are having here but appears after going into Chrome clicking the 3 dots at the top right of Google Chrome and going to Help > About Google Chrome appears there was a Google Chrome update which was Version 109.0.5414.75 (Official Build) (64-bit)
for me. Now the lab website connect button works.
Also might want to make sure your not using qflipper as the same time your trying to use the lab website for flipper.
I had the same problem.
In my case I had qflipper opened in the background which already occupies the serial port.
Thus, close all other application which might try to connect to you flipper.
Anyone having that problem, close your qflipper and then re-connect in the supported browser.
Had same problem. Disabled ad blocker for https://lab.flipper.net/ and then all was good!
So I’m having the same problem but none of these solutions have worked for me. I’m on Linux Mint using the latest Chrome, I’ve checked site settings to make sure serial and usb are open, no ad blockers or any browser plugins, qflipper is not running. I’ve even tried using Flatseal to enable additional permissions for Chrome such as d-bus session, d-bus system, all system and user files, all devices, etc.
Disregard… I installed Chrome via flathub and apparently this was the issue. I removed that and installed the deb package directly and this works.
Known problem. Flathub tries to make the world more secure by default, and the web browser is denied access to local files, serial, system config - basically, everything that is not its business.
Good to know… apparently that’s what Flatseal is for but it didn’t work in my case.