Dropped flipper, broke screen, can't read pin. Want to load painless Bluetooth stack

Basically as the title says. How feasible is it to load a modded Bluetooth stack with a static pin or no pin? I took the flipper apart and the screen is damaged, I can see a fracture looking through the side of the screen. I re-seated the ribbon cable and it’s still hosed. I think the device still works but I can’t pair it with my phone, because I can’t see the pin.

Looks like every other line on your screen are gone. If we take the numbers from the font used and remove every other line from each number, it might still be possible to decode the digits. Look at the this image I made, if you compare your image with my table you could see that the code in your picture is probably 936536. Every digit is still unique, even if you remove every other line.
Forget about the bottom part of the picture, that’s only if the other half of the lines on the screen are gone.
Flipper zero font numbers every other line missing

This is awesome. I love the type of problem you saw in this. I never looked at it as a crypto problem like this. I successfully paired. Thank you, this was such a great explanation, too. My thought before modding the Bluetooth stack was to create a table of the numbers I can successfully read on the non faulty part of the screen and map them to their new glyphs. I never considered the fact that I just lost certain lines of the display.

Thank you, again.

Great that it worked :slight_smile: I hope someone figures out how to change the LCD. Too bad it’s glued in.

I also hope I get my device soon, been waiting for a while…

You can also connect your device via USB to qFlipper and use its screen streaming feature to see the pin

1 Like

Hm, I didn’t realize that usb to phone was an option for control. Thanks!

qFlipper is a desktop app