Dumb question

This is probably a dumb question so I apologize in advance for asking it.

I know nothing about coding, nothing. I understand it to a degree, but have no idea how to write it. Is the flipper zero something I will be to really use to its fullest with no coding experience? I’ve been following it since release and am thinking about ordering, but I don’t want to drop $170 on something I can’t realistically use without a spending months learning to code it.

Sorry if this is a dumb thing to ask, thanks in advance for your answer!

I have no coding experience and so far enjoying flipper. Still there will be reading involved :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The Flipper is just a tool

I know some people who owns a Oszilloscope, but only touch it, when I ask to borrow it.
In personal, I would not spend 1000e on a device I need once a year.

Through the Flipper I’ve learned I don’t need a Oszi, in much cases a Logic Analyzer is good enough and with the right software even better… 12e is okay.

It is the same with a hammer. Do you want to secure a tent, bring a nail in wood or a screw into a solid wall? Do you want to bend metal?
Every scene has a own hammer. Just go to the tools shop and ask the expert… But I think you have only one hammer in your tool box, and it is enough to mount a picture and repair everything from your car to your laptop…

You don’t need to Programm to use the flipper. But if you don’t know if you cod use it, you don’t need a flipper zero.
The development is just a the beginning. A lot of cards and fobs are not supported. The IR Port is good to use, bit it is a expensive TV-B-Gone.

A lot of people want to ‘Hack Cars’. Unfortunately this is one of the things the Flipper is not very good at and never will be, mostly because this is illegal. But because it is OpenSource you are free to desync your Carkey, as much as you like.

I like my flipper, I won’t give it away, ever…
But in your case, wait for the Flipper One. It will be a full blown Linux base. If you can’t ode the antennas, at least you have a fancy calculator …

3 Likes

Thanks for the reply. I have quite a few ideas for how I can use it, I guess I was asking if I could do so without writing my own code. I should be able to pull most of what I need from github, I’d think, but I was just curious if I need to code to get it going out of the box.

I really plan on using it as a gateway into teaching myself how to do some of the stuff I want. Nothing illegal, but it would be nice to learn how while practicing on my own belongings.

I’ll check out flipper one, thanks!

1 Like