Error Code while updating

I am getting the following error, when trying to update my flipper. I feel confident that the firmware is 0.85.2 but I am getting no databases

[UTL] Start Update @Eloltros ERROR: Manifest folder not found
[DEV] Full Update @Eloltros ERROR: Manifest folder not found

I have tried reformatting the micro cd card
I have factory reset the Flipper.
I have tried via my Windows PC, and MAC

None of the above have resulted in any differnt outcomes

I am updating to the official Flipper firmware

I am using a Sandisk 64GB microsd card, formatted as (ex-FAT)

Flipper uis fully charged

1 Like

Someone on Reddit had firmware update issues today. Might be related. Reddit - Dive into anything

The first thing I always recommend is “Reboot with hotkeys”. In theory a factory reset should have helped I think but still worth a try. Make sure it’s unplugged when you do it.

I ended up replacing the sd card and it worked.

1 Like

It could be cripple partitioning, on a windows pc try diskpart clean or other disktools to clean it and reformat it, chances are good you can make it work again.

1 Like

That usually works but I have one micro SD card that died in my phone. Nothing I have tried ever worked. I tried THIS STUFF, Windows command line tools, shell, permission settings, etcher, Rpi imager, format utility, disk manger, deleted partitions, permission settings, Android, Windows, and Linux. No matter what I do the data that was on the card at the time of failure remain. It all appears intact but always returns to the same state. I wish I could figure out what happened because it would be cool if I could repeat the process with other SD cards and have cheap read only storage basically immune to viruses.

1 Like

Yeah I still have nightmares about recovering EMMC, i even bought a easyjtag and full bga set to get back a couple of files, if you are bored, but persistent you will get there but you will need a serious load of coffee on that one.

2 Likes

Some USB drives are relatively easy to flash that way with manufacturer utilities. Not sure of SD cards.

1 Like

If I find some at a reasonably price that would work too. I’d actually preffer USB. Last I looked I couldn’t find anything reasonable.

From my experience, Alcor chips (to be found in some - yet not all - chinese drives) are particularly easy. This is a direction for digging your pockets. If you have the same or greater amount as me, you may be able to find some.

If you want to buy something certain to work, Transcend is my recomendation - most of their devices are tunable in funny ways (be readonly, pretend to be two devices, pretend to be a HDD or CD-ROM, show a different size, etc). But it is a brand with usual price tag.