Flipper can read my work badge 125khz but can't read a datawatch (thick) badge that should also be 125khz

both cards work on the same hid reader any thoughts on what the problem is?

What’s the key type? There’s a known issue with some Indala cards not being read correctly

how would i go about telling that?

Assuming both of your cards are of the same type (and they probably are if they’re using the same reader), scan the one that is readable with the Flipper, and the type will be displayed on the screen

they are two different types

The type I’m referring to is not the physical appearance of the card but the chip on the inside. There can be multiple different card form-factors for the same chip. If both of your cards work on the same reader, it most likely means that the chip on the inside is the same.

I also have this same thing I noticed - I have 2 HID-Prox cards and the thinner one (marked HID0009P) reads easily but I can’t get a “Datawatch Systems HID Proximity” card (which is much thicker, probably 3x as thick) to read on the Flipper.

Both of them readily read on any of the HID readers at facilities I go to, but the Flipper only wants to read the thinner one. I suspect they are different because we were told they couldn’t “make” either door system read the same card so we have to carry 2 of them around, but nobody has shared what the technical limitations might be.