Flipper fell into pool

I got pushed into a pool with my flipper and now it’s stuck on erase mode screen and every time I close it it reopens. Any ideas on what to do to fix it? I’ve put it in rice but it doesn’t seem to do anything. its starting to get real hot.

1 Like

I suspect my reply is a bit late but for reference it would probably be best to open it and disconnect the battery. Then use silica gel(preferred) or rice. If only the battery was destroyed it might still be possible to replace it.

Given that it does get power at least to get to the erase screen, it’s likely not battery.
I’d say short circuit on up+back buttons for reset and a partial one on something else for heating.

If the battery is getting hot it needs to be disconnected though. You risk over discharge and fire. It doesn’t matter where the short is.

ive opened it and put it in rice/silica gel and it worked but it freezes every 10 to 15 sec making it really annoying to use and it also randomly crashes

1 Like

Sorry wrong thread.

Sorry wrong thread.

Now i do kinda wonder if he got his flipper working or not, and if not, I might be interested in the spares :slight_smile:

If the screen still works, if it run’s sorta on USB/DFU and if it is just the battery getting it back to work should not be that big of a problem.

1 Like