Flipper RAM and internal flash memory question :

Flipper RAM size is very small and the same goes to the internal storage,
It would be great for flipper to support as many SubGhz protocols as possible and be able to deal with all RFID/NFC cards on the markt, etc …
The question is, when adding protocols we are consuming flash space as new firmware grew larger, also we need to load more stuff on RAM when reading to see if what is in the air match a known protocol so…
Is there a limit of how many procols/cards can be added ?
Would it be possible to move protocol decoding code/ card decoding code for example to the memory card later if internal flash memory is no longer enought?
Otherwise there might be a very short limit in implementing even stuff like decoding functions to apps that are already running on flipper…

I did notice recently my internal memory was full, I couldn’t update flipper. I had to delete the files from internal first, than I was able to update.

I do hope that there are plans to off-load stuff to the SD card, at least 3rd party apps because on some FW branches like Unleashed some apps are started to be removed due to lack of space…

I’m starting to fear that at one point there will be no more internal memory space to implement protocols/card support/etc …

Regards.

We will be offloading subghz and nfc parsers as assets to the SD card, and in general are certain that on the official firmware, there’ll be enough space for everything. However, we can’t guarantee that the same will apply for other FW forks, as storage management will be left up to their maintainers.

1 Like

Ok, thanks for the info.