Hot-Pluggable Optical Transceiver

Would there be any functionality to connecting a Mellanox Mpo 100 Gigabit Ethernet Qsfp28 Hot-Pluggable Optical Transceiver Mma1b00-C100d to my Flipper Zero?

1 Like

Not directly but with enough hardware sure(basically a computer). It wouldn’t be an easy task, the hardware would cost more then the Flipper, it would be incredibly slow, you would have to write firmware, and write a fap. All for what purpose?

1 Like

It was essentially a hypothetical to see if anyone could devise a purpose for doing so. I was just looking for unconventional hardware to link to the pen tester. For example, you could use a media converter that converts the fiber optic signal into an electrical signal that can be transmitted over copper Ethernet cables, which can then be connected to the Flipper Zero via its Ethernet port. Alternatively, you could use a USB-to-fiber-optic converter to connect the optical transceiver to the Flipper Zero via USB. However, this would depend on the specific type of optical transceiver and the capabilities of the USB-to-fiber-optic converter, so it is important to check compatibility before attempting this type of connection.

1 Like

This is not possible. The Flipper doesn’t support USB host. Keep suggesting wacky ideas though. You might come up with something interesting. Someone hooked a camera up.

I saw the camera. The Geiger–Müller tube was more interesting.

1 Like

I’ll have to check that out!