Hot Springs Spa RF remote problems

I’m a flipper beginner.

I would like to hack the RF remote for my hot tub to adjust the temperature automatically based on outside temperature. I’ve tried using the sub-GHz frequency analyzer with it, but it’s not picking anything up. What else could it be using, and how would I use the flipper to figure that out? The remote’s touch screen says it searches “channels” 24 and 26, but not sure what that relates to.

1 Like

The website is awful. And I can’t find any manual. But from All About the HotSpring Hot Tub Wireless Remote and what else I’ve found, I don’t think the RF is working in the SubGHz.
There seems to be models with WiFi. But even older models seems to use something like Bluetooth.
The Flipper is out here.

Another clue are the mentioned channels. See BLE Advertising channels | BLE Data channels list

Give us the model of the remote. There are a few different versions including WiFi, 433 RF, and IR.

I don’t know about Bluetooth but it’s possible. My remote(Dolphin2 Different company) works on 433mhz and IR. I don’t actually have the RF receiver though because my SPA has the IR receiver. I hacked an esp8266 into mine as an IR blaster and temperature sensor in order to make it smarter.

We will know more I suppose if we can look up the actual remote.

See if the remote has an FCC ID on it.

Researching the IR stuff I came across an RF protocol called MiWi. I believe I saw MiWi mentioned in the documents for the Hot Springs remote. It meant nothing to me then but the pieces are coming together now.

EDIT: I’m pretty sure they use MiWi on the 2.4ghz band. That link shows the model number in the video.

FCC ID OA3MRF24J40MA (Transmitter module that’s inside the remote)