I cannot run any apps

I joust bought my flipper zero, after installing the last firmware 0.98.2, when i try to run any app, flipper says Update needed, I have tried all procedures found on the forum and on the web, I cannot use it at all, any suggestions guys?thanks

In the settings go to About and scroll right until you see FW Version info. What does it say there?

It says
0.98.2 [01-02-2024]
9744fd8f [54.0] 1.17.3:L
[7] 0.98.2

I think there might have been an error during the firmware update and the region information was not set. Make sure the SD card is inserted and update the firmware again.

Here are a few things steps you can try:

1. Double-check Firmware Installation: Ensure that the firmware update process was completed successfully without any errors. Sometimes, a failed installation can cause issues.

2. Factory Reset: Consider performing a factory reset on your Flipper Zero to revert it to its default settings. This may help resolve any software glitches that could be causing the update prompt.

3. Contact Support: Reach out to the manufacturer’s support team or community forums for assistance. They may be able to provide specific guidance or solutions tailored to your issue.

4. Firmware Downgrade: If all else fails, you might consider downgrading to a previous firmware version that was known to work without issues until a fix for the current version is released.

Remember to back up any important data on your Flipper Zero before attempting any troubleshooting steps. Hopefully, one of these suggestions will help you resolve the issue and get your Flipper Zero up and running smoothly again.

Factory reset has been known to cause app errors due to region settings being deleted. A post reset firmware upgrade even if it’s to the same firmware may be required before the Flipper is fully functional again.

Have you checked if there are any compatibility issues between firmware version 0.98.2 and the apps you’re trying to run on your Flipper Zero?

1 Like