Issue Connecting to qFlipper

when i connect qFlipper log says
[REG] Detected new device: VID_0x483:PID_0x5740
[REG] Device initialization failed: Failed to find a suitable serial port

i’m using surface laptop 4 - running windows 11.

followed some troubleshooting trying to configure in device manager. but seems that my computer detects flipper as USB composite device under Universal Serial Bus Controller. And in my list of drivers i do not have Port (com&lpt) listed. Not sure how to fix this issue.

would appreciate if someone can help me with this

(booting into Boot mode on flipper, qFlipper can detect as it should, only problem is when i try to connect in normal mode)

I do not want to sound annoying stating the obvious, but have you tried to first upgrade/recover it to most recent build if normal try dev, or other way around.

If this problem is not related to cable or FW, open device-manager, delete the device, then do a rightclick/rescan to see if this solves the problem.

Also try running qFlipper as administrator, it could be win11’s file/folder security features i have seen being annoying some applications/systempath files in the past.

Are you running any emulating software for virtual devices or other devices that claim multiple COM-ports? Maybe some other stuff is conflicting with the communication port assignments? Some HASP keys or anything alike?

thanks, i tried your suggestions but still no luck. i think it has something to do with surface laptop 4 and the Port (com&lpt). I tried adding legacy hardware, still can’t get it to work.

i tried with another windows laptop and i got qflipper to work fine. I don’t know if someone else have this problem but for now i’ll just stick to the other windows device to use qflipper.

‘Sir_Fap_A_Lot’ < is a great name, thanks again.

Yeah i heard people complain about some connectivity issues on surface devices before, but i do not have one myself , but I am very familiar with troubleshooting them.

You could go into windows update, check for additional driver updates, and install the older ones that should be available for your usb/intel chipset drivers, it does solve problems for other devices, just never tried a flipper on a recent surface, but it is a pretty common device so it cannot be that hard to fix, it must be software/driver related.

I downloaded the android app, updated to 0.7.8.7 if I remember correctly and after the update it is not connecting. Tried turning the BT on/off, deleted paired devices, rebooted the flipper, killed the android app and start again. So far nothing.

I think he/she/they/them is specifically referring to USB connections on the surface unrelated to the broken BT stack drivers on some mobile devices cough OP cough . But yes surface and USB also has some crippled chip-set drivers in some setups, but it is still a local software/driver issue unrelated to the flipper specific. But still it should be resolve-able checking some other intel driver sets. Some devices tend to be picky on the surface on some driver releases.