MarkTag Classic operates at a frequency of 2.435 to 2.465 GHz

Will flipper read this?

The MarkTag Classic, part number S1255, is a long-range RFID Microwave Tag designed for hands-free vehicle identification. Each ID-tag comes with a pre-programmed 8-digit unique identity code and a large 32-bit checksum to ensure reliable identification, even in environments with multiple tags.

Key features of the MarkTag Classic include:

• Long-range identification, with a detection range of up to 33 feet using a TagMaster RFID LR-series Reader.
  • The tag does not emit radio signals; it reflects a modulated response to a reader request.
  • It is battery-powered, offering a predictable lifetime of up to 5 years, independent of the number of reads.
  • The tag generates a low battery alarm to the reader, informing the host systems when battery levels are low.
  • It is designed for various applications, including gated communities, airport parking, university and hospital parking/personnel access, and commercial vehicle management systems.

The MarkTag Classic operates at a frequency of 2.435 to 2.465 GHz and can operate in temperatures ranging from -4°F (-20°C) to +185°F (+85°C). Its dimensions are 3.39 x 2.13 x 0.16 inches (86 x 54 x 4 mm), and it is designed with IP54 protection.

For more technical information and support, you can contact TagMaster North America. They provide detailed product information, specifications, and support for their range of RFID products, including the MarkTag Classic.

Flipper can only do proper Bluetooth LE in this frequency range. Unless this tag is BLE (unlikely but possible), it’s a no-go.

1 Like

Here is the answer to that. It’s RFID so it’s not Bluetooth.

@maqumih said the sentence before ‘The Flipper only speaks BLE in this Frequency’ and fall back to this statement. So the answer is correct.

Sure you could use a GPIO extension for everything, but someone needs to develop it.
Status now: not supported.

Neither the Proxmark3 could help in this range, as far as I know.
Maybe a HackRF is the right tool at this place. Or a modified reader.

I’m not sure it is RFID in classic sense, especialy since the tag is battery-powered. We all know that coders tend to be lazy and copy existing solutions…

I see what you mean. The datasheet doesn’t look well written.