Not updating software, something about insufficient memory

Just got this thing.
Turned it in, inserted 32gb SD card, formatted it, downloaded app, synched to device. 0.64.3 or something like that.

It asked for a firmware update. Started and promptly gave an error about insufficient or broken memory, to please factory reset.

Internal memory says 112k total/92kb free

I did that from the device.

Same error.

1 Like

What does it say about the SD card?
What brand is the SD card?
Have you tried a different SD card?
Does it show the SD card as being mounted? (Top left on screen)

Some cheap SD cards don’t support the way the Flipper talks to storage.

Thanks for the quick feedback.

I used a Kingston SD card 32gb.

The app sometimes connected via BT, most often not. Synching went in spurts.

Anyway, I Downloaded the software on my PC and connected via usb-c. It upgraded just fine.

Very non-intuitive UI. This will have to wait until I have some time to dedicate to it.

Cheers

1 Like

Glad you go it working!

My exact experience, over and over, multiple cards. In each case Flipper can mount and read them. Something is wrong beyond the cards in this equation.

Hello, I am struggling with the same issue.
I am disappointed with the product as I have lot of problems from begining.
I have Win7, so I am not able to use the PC SW to update FW, Flipper does not work without FW update, when I tried to do the update from installed App in mobile, I am getting Error “Internal flash storage is full or broken”.
However it says “internal” - the internal memory has 112k total/92kb free, but the microSD card is Kingston 32GB Class 10, it was formatted by Flipper, Benchmark works fine (1024b W326 R400), the card was tested in the PC cardreader and it works fine.
Is there any way how to get the Flipper running or have I throw it to garbage?

Do you have the Chrome browser? If so try this in Chrome

Yes, I am using Chrome. Thanks a lot, I will try this.

1 Like