Open Parking Barrier

Hi, I am new to this forum and haven’t used or purchased a Flipper. I am wondering if my goal can be achieved before I purchase it.

I would like to duplicate an RFID parking pass which I have. It is a passive tag embedded in a hanging pass. Can Flipper do this can how so?

The RFID tag is an Alien Squiggle Short, the reader is a Nedap uPASS (900mhz).

The RFID tag is an Alien Squiggle Short, the reader is a Nedap uPASS (900mhz).

UHF RFID is not natively supported by Flipper.

Can it be adapted to work or am I out of luck?

If flipper doesn’t work for my purpose, is there any other device/method can be recommended? Thanks.

1 Like

Using a flipper zero or any other device to leave the parking lot without having paid for the parking would be considered an illegal activity and could be quite a crime asking for help in committing a crime on these forms is probably discouraged and I would suggest you seek advice for such activities in other places

I do pay for the lot. Forgive my ignorance, but opening barriers/read+writing data is an advertised feature of the device, I only want to know how it works.

It seems though that the operating frequency is not supported, and the device is not available in my country anyways.

There are other posts of this nature on this forum. The device has such a capability and is advertised as so, so naturally there will be a curiosity to understand how it works.

I do understand your frustration.

The Flipper is also advertised as Educational Tool. Education is not ‘I want to open this specific gate’. It is more a understanding of how these are working and also why I can’t open this one.

If you are owning the gate, you are allowed to play around.
But nobody would tell me in a public forum how to short wire (without Flipper) my Skoda Octavia even if I own it. Luckily I am a learned car mechanic and know how I can do this or why I can’t in this specific case.

Shortly I saw an ad about a game where kids learn how to break into a bank. ‘Code cracker’ or something like this, where up to 4 people sit around a board and try to crack the code by rolling dice for a virtually bank. So should we sue the company for not teaching is how to break onto the bank as false advertising?
I doubt the flipper advertised to work at your specific parking lot. There was just one example in the video and I would not want to park my car there.

Instead to be frustrated about what you want but can’t do, try to be happy that your car is at a safe place, that gets money to protect your car, and not everyone with a 200$ Multitool can in or out.