Sub-GHz functionality test

Hi, I have been using the flipper for some weeks and found that it is able to copy and emulate a remote I own which works at 433.92 MHz frequency, and it is also able to read another remote I own at 868.8MHz but cannot emulate it (when I send the receiver doesn’t show any sign of actually receiving the signal). I also tried to add manually the latter and sync it through the receiver itself, but to no avail, it just seems like it doesn’t emit any signal to this frequency. Is the fact that 433.92 MHz and readings of 868.8MHz work mean that the problem isn’t related to the flipper hardware or should I seek a replacement

1 Like

This problem usually occurs when there is some type of security involved. Most commonly rolling codes.

yes I understand the deal with rolling codes, but even through the “add manually” function I am unable to get the signal across (as I have seen videos of people adding the flipper as a remote of their garage by syncing directly to the receiver), that’s why the doubt of malfunctioning hardware came to my mind. I jyst need to know if I can conclude that the problem is not hardware related so I can seek a solution through software maybe, or if the possibility of hardware malfunctioning cannot be discarded.

“Add manually” is not compatible with all garage doors. You haven’t given us much information here to go on. I see no reason to believe there is anything wrong with your Flipper at this point. Clearly the subghz radio is working or you wouldn’t be able to do 433mhz.

so the fact 433.92 MHz works is enough to deduce every other frequency should work and that it’s not a hardware problem? the one I’m having trouble with is 868.8 MHz, the remote unfortunately is not supported in stock firmware that’s why I didn’t ask directly because I know that’s something not officially supported on this forum.

I haven’t seen a single case of one frequency in the subghz range functioning and others not functioning. A hardware issue seems unlikely. You could buy a cheap SDR to test it if you are still concerned.

thanks for the reply. Can you point me to one or tell how much a cheap one should cost?

by comparing the data from a scan I put in kaiju and the one my flipper tries to clone I noticed one difference that initially thoght was just irrelevant but might not be. I’m pretty oblivious to the technicalities of these things but i noticed that while the fixed part of the code from kaiju is formatted like 0xHHHHHHHHH (where H is an hexadecimal digit), the one on the flipper is 0xHHHHHHHH with one hex digit less. More specifically the first one from kaiju after the x that is a 0 is missing from the flipper while all the other are the same. Is it maybe an error in the formatting of the standard for my remote maybe? I’m not too sure where I’m trying to head

They start around $30 USD. I see one in particular that’s a new model with an extended frequency range. I might actually get one for myself given the improvements. There is also a bundle with antennas for $45. That might be worth it since you likely don’t have antennas and adapters laying around.
Nooelec RTL-SDR v5 (This is the new extended range version)

I always recommend a USB extension. It doesn’t need to be long but it makes life easier. Plugging an SDR directly into your computer can cause interference and they tend to block ports. Half a foot is fine to get it out of the way.

Are you saying it’s something like
0x0FFFFFFFF AND 0xFFFFFFFF

thanks for the SDR recomendation
yes it’s 0x0HHHHHHHH and 0xHHHHHHHH with the H parts corresponding

Maybe my understanding is incorrect but I believe those are the same just like 010 and 10 are the same.

gotcha, then I really don’t understand where the problem is at, because even with a raw recording (out of the receiver range) I can’t seem to make it work

The only reason I can think of that a raw recording made out of range wouldn’t work is if the frequency or modulation were off. I might try adjusting the modulation.