TV RF remotes

I’m using universal IR programmable remote devices (IRTrans, Gewa, BJ) unfortunately on most of the new TV models the remotes are no longer IR but RF.

Does anybody has started trying to copy any of the TV RF remotes?

I’m particularly interested in Samsung, Sony, LG, Haier and the decoder of SKY since are the one I encounter the most.

Probably there are multiple standerd and frequencies among the different producer, I couldn’t find documentation, it may be a situation that requires trying and testing.

I’ve just come across Flipper, I don’t know if there are chances in the to operate on a significant number of TV and decoders.

1 Like

This is very generalized, therefore I answer generalized, and I am not interested in checko g if my statement is true:
Most remotes operating above SubGHz.

The Samsung Smart Remote is Bluetooth. And also the Alexa Fire TV remote.
Bluetooth needs to be paired. So the flipper needs an modified BT remote app, not dumps.

Maybe there are other remotes, but maybe you could provide a little more information than a bunch of brands.

2 Likes

Many remotes today are Bluetooth and they can’t be copied. Some remotes still have IR as a backup though and if they do that can be copied. For remotes that have both IR and BT you must unplug the TV before you can copy the IR codes.

2 Likes

Ok, thanks, I’ve noticed that many remotes have the IR LED but I haven’t tried to unplug the TV, I’ll try it.
Just to give a context, I need to activate TV remotes from a Windows PC used by impaired users (hands and/or voice) with eyetrackers.

If you need more help with that I’m happy to do what I can. There are other tricks to remote control TV’s. For instance if they’re Android or Fire TV they can be controlled over adb(Android Debug Bridge). There may be IR codes for some of these TV’s in the IRDB database. There’s also a device called FLIRC that plugs in to the USB port of many TV’s and can enable IR control even if it wasn’t previously available.

Thank you, I’ll check these solutions. At last I can still use Alexa.