Updated Failed! Error #[1-100]

Hello.
I just turned on the flipper zero and tried to update it in macos.
It looked uploading files was ok, but after reboot, device showed the error message in loading update manifest stage.

=begin
Update Failed!
Error #[1-100]

O to retry, hold ← to abort
=end of msg

Anyone knows how to solve this issue?
Thank you.

1 Like

just got my flipper zero…

ive the same problem… :confused:

Just got mine and just got the same error.

if someone got solution would be awesome

Same problem. I tried reformatting the USB and the flipper as well as using QFlipper and my phone to complete the update. When I select ‘retry’ it goes to the upload manifest before failing again. If anyone finds a solution plz tag me :slight_smile:
*Reformatiing the SD not USB

I just got my flipper today and had the same problem

Now fixed :slight_smile:

I did the first update to 0.83.1 using the update tgz from here

https://update.flipperzero.one/builds/firmware/0.83.1/flipper-z-f7-update-0.83.1.tgz

Then i restarted qflipper and successfully updated to 0.84.1

Hope this works for you guys

3 Likes

worked brother. thank you so much

what file do i down load in that link please?

I updated my earlier post to have the link to the actual file.

got mine working now, thank you so much, was getting stressed out lol

Pretty crazy that this seems to be consistently happening to multiple people. Maybe the devs might want to take a look at why the update to 0.84.1 from 0.6x regularly fails (tried iOS app, Mac USB qFlipper, multiple SD cards) whereas the aforementioned update path works fine.

Either way, thanks for the info @doogal !

I have had multiple failing situations where just rebooting the device with back+middle resolved the problem, also first restoring the firmware to original then updating it again solved the problem most times for me. So just restore it first with qFlipper or other options, then update again, this will likely solve your problem. If regular is broken, swap to dev, or other way around, just restore one of the orginal other options first then update again and it should be fine.

Same here, the suggestion to install 0.83.1 first and then the latest worked for me.
Thank you!

In my case qFlipper always crashed trying to update fw from file, so I updated to the most recent dev build and then to the most recent release build and that worked. Thanks to @Sir_Fap_A_Lot for a hint.

1 Like

I am not sure if it is flipper’s state or state of updating side applications, but for some reason some times it complains and swapping it around seems to solve it so i never really bothered to look into it as a problem.